Monday, November 8, 2010

right under my nose.

Recently, I visited my mom in Maryland. She's lived in the same house for 13 years, which is located about 20 minutes from Frederick. I kept hearing about what a cute town Frederick had become. My memories of the place were from high school, and I hadn't given it much thought since then. Well, on this visit, I was looking for a place to go to take photos. The weather was gorgeous and I felt restless to explore (a wanderlust that I am quite accustomed to).  I couldn't live without my long, meandering drives through the countryside; my spontaneous road trips that lead my curious mind on unplanned adventures. My eye constantly scans for treasures: an old, dilapidated building, whispering its secrets to me...or a stunning landscape, that leaves me with wonder and gratitude.

On this day, Frederick became my destination, and I fell in love...such charm & rich history! I'll be back, Frederick, to explore your nooks & crannies. Here's a sampling from the day, an ode to all things vintage:










5 comments:

  1. thank you, carrie! i really love this set. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are excellent! I really love the top one and the fruit images. I'm following from the Etsy forum. I would love it if you followed back. : )

    -Felicity
    http://felicitylingle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Felicity, thank you so much - i really appreciate your kind words. love your blog, will follow. did you try to follow me? don't see you on the list - would love it you did, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Vintage shots and processing! Following from fpoe!

    ReplyDelete